RECENT RECIPES
latest

728x90

468x60

Peanut Masala Sundal

Peanut  Masala Sundal
Peanut  Masala Sundal
I always make peanut sundal. I went to my friend’s kolu. She gave me peanut masala sundal. When I returned back to my home, my son loved it very much. I asked the recipe from her and I made it.
Peanut is known as verkadalai or nilakadalai in Tamil. It is also known as ground nut. It is rich in protein. I made a collection of sundal recipes a long time back. I decided to post this for my Navaratri  Sundal recipes collection. Navaratri is fast approaching. So we can see some more sundal recipes in the following week.

Peanut  Masala Sundal

Peanut  Masala Sundal Ingredients:
Peanut - 1 cup
Grated coconut - 3 tablespoon
Salt - To taste
Oil - 2 teaspoon
Mustard - 1/2 teaspoon
Urad dal - 1/2 teaspoon
Red chilli - 2
Asafoetida - 1 pinch(optional)
Curry leaves - few
To grind
Red chilli - 3
Bengal gram - 1 tsp
Coriander - 1 tsp
Peanut  Masala Sundal Method:
  Soak Peanut for three hours. Then cook Peanut in the pressure cooker for two whistles. Drain the water completely.
Peanut  Masala Sundal

Dry roast red chilli, Bengal gram and coriander in a pan. Grind it in a mixie coarsely.
Peanut  Masala Sundal

Heat oil in a pan and add mustard, urad dal, red chilli, asafoetida and curry leaves.
Peanut  Masala Sundal

Then add cooked Peanut, grated coconut and stir well and serve.

Peanut  Masala Sundal

Note:
I used dry peanut, so I soak in water. If you use fresh one you directly cook.


Peanut  Masala Sundal

« PREV
NEXT »

No comments