RECENT RECIPES
latest

728x90

468x60

Nendran Chips

Nendran Chips
Nendran Chips / Kerala Nendran Chips
Onam is fast approaching. I already posted many onam sadya recipes. Nendran chips and nendran halwa is pending in that list. I made these two recipes last year.  It is the right time to post.
I always buy nendran chips at shops only. I never try at home because nendran kai is very rare to get. I asked my street banana vendor to get me 6 pieces. I decided to make two recipes in that. But the chips came out very well. The taste was awesome. So I made chips only. I already posted raw banana chips.

Nendran Chips

Now Let us see how to make nendran chips
Preparation time - 15 minutes
Cooking time - 30 minutes
Yield - ½ kg approximately
Ingredients:
Nendran kai - 4
Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
Salt                 - to taste
Coconut oil - for frying
Method:
Slit nendran kai with knife and peel the shin. Slice it in the chips cutter.

Nendran Chips

Add salt and turmeric powder  in a small bowl and mix it with little water.

Nendran Chips

Heat coconut oil in a pan and fry nendran chips. Add salt water in between.  Fry well.

Nendran Chips

Take out when the shhh sound subsides. Strain oil  and store it in the air tight container.

Nendran Chips

Note:
It will be good for fifteen days.
Add salt water carefully.
You can use refined oil also. but coconut oil gives great flavor to the chips.

Nendran Chips


« PREV
NEXT »

No comments