RECENT RECIPES
latest

728x90

468x60

Pepper Kara Sev / Kara sev Recipe

Pepper Kara Sev / Kara sev Recipe
Pepper Kara Sev / Kara Sev/ Home Made Kara Sev
Last year diwali I made this kara  sev. I decided to try pepper karasev. So I pound pepper coarsely and add to the dough. But the dough did not flow through the murukku press. Pepper granules blocked the holes of murukku press. Suddenly I got an idea because I made large quantity of dough. I took my idiyappam plate and swiped the dough in the hot oil with it.  So I will not forget the day I made this pepper sev recipe. But the taste was awesome. All of my family members like the taste. What else I want . First picture is made with murukku press. Second picture is made with plate.

Pepper Kara Sev / Kara sev Recipe

Now let us see how to make pepper Karasev

Preparation time - 20 minutes
Cooking time - 30 minutes
Yield - ½ kg approximately
Ingredients:
Kadalai maavu - 2 cup
Rice flour - 1 cup
Pepper - 2 tsp
Salt        - to taste
Butter - 2 tablsp
Oil          - to fry
Method:
Grind pepper coarsely. Add all the ingredients in the broad bowl except oil and knead in to a smooth dough.
Pepper Kara Sev / Kara sev Recipe

Take little dough and fill it in the murukku press with thenkuzhal achu.

Pepper Kara Sev / Kara sev Recipe

Squeeze it in the hot oil and cook well both the sides well till the shhh sound ceases.
Pepper Kara Sev / Kara sev Recipe

Drain the well and cool for some time. Store it in the air tight container and use it for a week or two.
Pepper Kara Sev / Kara sev Recipe

Note:
If the pepper granules block on the holes, you can use the plate with holes. Be careful doing like this. Or else you can grind the pepper finely.
Regulate the gas stove while frying.
Don’t knead the dough hard. If you feel hard you can sprinkle little water and loose it.

Pepper Kara Sev / Kara sev Recipe



« PREV
NEXT »

No comments