RECENT RECIPES
latest

728x90

468x60

Mango Nungu Pudding / ice apple pudding

Mango Nungu Pudding / ice apple pudding
Mango Nungu Pudding
Last week when I went to Bengaluru, I saw nungu (ice apple) in each and every road. When I returned to chennai I decided to make few more recipes in nungu. I search nungu in Chennai. Finally I found it in surya. I saw this recipe in tickling palates. I tried. It came out well. The taste was like ice cream.
Mango Nungu Pudding / ice apple pudding

Let us see how to make Mango Nungu Pudding
Preparation time - 15 minutes
Cook time - 15 minutes
Serves - 3

Mango Nungu Pudding / ice apple pudding

Mango Nungu Pudding Ingredients:
Mango - ¼ cup
Nungu (ice apple) - ¼ cup
Milk        - 250 ml
Custard powder - 1 ½ tblsp
Sugar - 3 tblsp
Mango Nungu Pudding Method:
  Boil milk for 10 minutes with sugar. Add little milk to the custard powder and make a smooth paste. Add custard powder to the milk and stir continuously to avoid lumps.
Mango Nungu Pudding / ice apple pudding

 Make smooth batter consistency and switch off the stove. Allow it to cool. Chop mango and nungu finely.
Mango Nungu Pudding / ice apple pudding

Add to the custard mixture and pour into the small serving glasses.
Mango Nungu Pudding / ice apple pudding

Keep it in the refrigerator for about 3 to 4 hours to set. Serve chill.

Mango Nungu Pudding / ice apple pudding


Mango Nungu Pudding / ice apple pudding

Note:
I used vanilla flavored custard powder so I did not add vanilla essence. If you want you can add 2 drops.
For richness you can add fresh cream too.
First I sprinkle chocolate vermicelli, but I did not like it. So I left it plainly. If you want you can sprinkle anything of your choice.
I used mallika mango. It is beautiful in colour and tastes like alphonso.

Mango Nungu Pudding / ice apple pudding





« PREV
NEXT »

No comments