RECENT RECIPES
latest

728x90

468x60

Prawn Masala

Prawn Masala
Prawn Masala is otherwise known as Prawn Thokku or Prawn Curry. Prawn Masala is a very common recipe made in prawns. It tastes good and very easy to make as the ingredients are very few. As the prawns are always tender they get cooked in minutes.

Prawn Thokku is a Chettinad Recipe which is often made in all Chettinad restaurants. It is that simple that it will take only 10 minutes to make.

My hubby doesn’t eat prawn. My son asked me to try prawns recipe. In my childhood my mom made prawns masala for my brother. So I just tried this recipe. It came out very well. My hubby also ate two to three pieces. Cleaning the prawn is dedious. I don’t know how to clean. So He bought the cleaned prawns only.

Prawn Masala

Now let us see how to make Prawns Masala.
Prawn Masala Ingredients:
Prawn - 250 gms
Onion - 1 big
Greenchilli         - 2
Curry Leaves - few
Ginger garlic paste - ½  tsp
Kulambu powder - 2 tsp
Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
Garam masala - ¼ tsp
Salt        - to taste
Oil        - 3 tsp
Prawn Masala Method:
Clean and wash prawns. Chop onion finely. Slit green chillies.
Prawn Masala

 Heat oil in a pan and add onion, curry leaf and green chilli and sauté for five minutes. Then add kulambu powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, salt and ginger garlic paste and sauté for  few more minutes.
Prawn Masala

 Add ¼ cup of water and allow it to boil. Add prawns and stir. Stir gently.
Prawn Masala

 Cook till done.
Note:
Prawn will get cooked quickly, so check and switch off the stove.
If you want you can add finely chopped tomato also.
For Paleo diet you can use olive oil.

Prawn Masala


« PREV
NEXT »

No comments