RECENT RECIPES
latest

728x90

468x60

Karpooravalli Chutney

Karpooravalli Chutney
Recently when we went to Kothagiri for this summer vacation, I came across a new herbal recipe and decided to share it among my friends.
We stayed in a resort named Belleaire on way to Kodanad Estates of JJ near Kothagiri. In the morning when we were walking nearby I happened to see a Wild Bison crossing me just 10 feet away and I was astonished to see it jump and walk carelessly. When I was returning after the walk I saw our resort maid carrying a huge quantity of Indian Borage (Karpooravalli) leaves. I was surprised and curious to know what for she was using it and how it is included in the recipes.
In the morning when we went to have breakfast, we were surprised to see Karpooravalli Chutney on the menu.
Then I enquired and found how it is used and I also like to share it with you. Soon I will share Karpooravalli Tea also . I have one karpooravalli plant in my terrace.

As you know Indian Borage or Karpooravalli is a useful medicinal plant which is used for Cough, Cold and Indigestion. Especially it is very useful for dry cough or smokers cough.

Karpooravalli Chutney


Now let us make Karpooravalli Chutney.


Karpooravalli Chutney Ingredients:
Karpoora valli - 20 leaf
Coconut        - ½ cup
Green chilli - 5
Tamarind        - marble size
Asafoetida - ¼ tsp
Salt      - to taste
Mustard     - ¼ tsp
Urad dal    - ¼ tsp
Oil    - 2 tsp
Karpooravalli ChutneyMethod:
Grate the coconut and take ½ cup. Clean and wash the Karpooravalli. Break the green chillies into two. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard, urad dal and asafoetida.
Karpooravalli Chutney

When they crackle add green chili and sauté for a few minutes. Then add Karpoora valli and coconut and sauté for five minutes.
Karpooravalli Chutney

 Finally add tamarind and salt and sauté few seconds. Keep aside for cooling. After cooling grind it in a mixie nicely or coarsely. Heat little oil in a small pan and add few mustard and urad dal. When they crackle add it to the chutney.
Karpooravalli Chutney

 Serve with idli, dosa or any other tiffin items.

Karpooravalli Chutney

Note:
This chutney will go well with all tiffin items.
If you want you can temper in the last or else leave it.
Adjust the ingredients to your taste.


Karpooravalli Chutney






« PREV
NEXT »

No comments